Chicago is healing and everything is all gas no brakes when summer hits Chicago.
As the U.S. moves closer to reopening seemingly every day, it looks like a big step forward will come in mid-summer, when the Lollapalooza Festival will return to Chicago with a four-day event at its usual place and date range — Grant Park, July 29-August 1 — sources tell Variety. The city of Chicago gave the event the greenlight at near-to or -full-capacity, insiders report, and an official announcement, likely with headliners, is expected to come next week.Chicago Tribune
Looks like Lollapalooza is back for a 4 day event along with a bunch of concerts, festivals, and much much more to do this summer. Here is a preview of everything going on!
Chris Stapleton: July 17 (originally scheduled for Aug. 29, 2020)
Guns N’ Roses: July 21 (originally scheduled for July 26, 2020)
The Hella Mega Tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer: Aug. 15 (originally scheduled for Aug. 13, 2020)
Lady Gaga: Aug. 27 (originally scheduled for Aug. 14, 2020)
Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe: Aug. 29 (originally scheduled for Aug. 28, 2020)
Maroon 5: Aug. 30 (originally scheduled for June 13, 2020)
Dead and Company: Sept. 17-18
Murderers fucking row (and Maroon 5).
Stapleton, Guns, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Weezer, Gaga, Def Leppard and The Crue!
- The Old Town Art Fair will be held June 12-13.
- Pride in the Park will be held June 26-27.
- Windy City Smokeout returns July 8-11.
- The Southport Art Fair will be held July 10-11.
- The Chicago Auto Show will have an outdoor component when it returns July 15-19.
- The Chinatown Summer Fair will be held July 17-18.
- Market Days will be a three-day event Aug. 6-8.
- The Printers Row Lit Fest will be held Sept. 11-12.
- The Hyde Park Jazz Festival will be held Sept. 25-26.
What’s your favorite season? Summer Time Chi or Wedding Season?
SUMMER TIME CHI!
Which event(s) are you attending?